Under general supervision, the Quality Systems Technician manages quality activities by performing the following duties personally or through others to satisfy the customer and drive continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Participates in Cross Functional team meetings to identify root causes and implement corrective action of quality issues.
· Utilizes various measurements and tests equipment to perform capability studies; documents process performance as required.
· Develops and maintains work-in-process and finished goods quality audits. Ensures audits reflect most up to date customer issues.
· Recommends improvements to processes, products, and documentation to drive improvement and satisfy the customer.
· Monitors manufacturing process to ensure compliance with established work instructions, process audits, and quality checklists on a regular basis.
· Develops and makes visual displays depicting good and bad parts, e.g. acceptable and unacceptable metal.
· Quarantines and oversees disposition of non-compliant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
· Works with suppliers to help resolve non-compliant material issues and make recommendations for improvement and provides feedback as necessary.
· Manages documents related to production inspections, calibration and capability as defined in quality plans.
· Provides training to production workers on audits, inspections, and calibrations as required.
· Understands supplier and customer testing and quality plans as required.
· Understands of Engineering Change Orders and Temporary Deviation processes.
Mentor and lead co-workers in Quality Systems Department and in production
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· In-depth knowledge of PGT manufacturing processes and products
· Ability to work independently with limited guidance from supervisor
· Familiar with the use of standard measurement and test equipment
· Ability to read and interpret prints and complex procedures
· Excellent record keeping and documentation skills
· Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A.A. degree preferred
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Can communicate well with customers, suppliers, workforce and management
Trigonometry, geometry, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averaging, percentages, and common algebra
· Able to coordinate multiple projects and areas of responsibility through priority setting
· Strong problem solving skills
· Ability to document a plan and delegate responsibility to drive corrective action/results
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Quality Technician Certification desired
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
· Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
· Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
· Work in air-conditioned office environment and unclimatized plant environment
Ability to travel occasionally domestically.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time
At PGT Innovations, we may build and support high-quality, innovative windows and doors, but every day holds opportunities for us to do so much more – from building stronger teams through leading, supporting, mentoring, and collaborating, to fostering better relationships with our customers.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
Every day we look for opportunities to grow and achieve greatness – together.
This isn’t an “everyone for themselves” environment. Here, we look out for each other. We help each other. We prop each other up during challenging times.
Because inventing, building, and delivering the future of windows and doors is not a one-person job. It takes all of us.
Working together to inspire greater opportunity for our customers, our community, and our team members.
WHAT WE OFFER
PGT Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or
physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. PGT Innovations also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.